20 THINGS YOU NEVER KNEW ABOUT MARTIN STEPHENSON
1. Martin's hat belonged to James Cagney and can be seen
in several of his films.
2. Martin has a Blue Peter badge, which he received after
appearing with the Whitley Bay Hawaiian orchestra - playing
triangle back in 1971.
3. Martin was a regular for Hartlepool reserves (a talented
right back) he never made the first team.
4. Martin's favourite food is dairy lea cheese - especially
5. Martin has a beer mat from every gig he has played.
6. He also collects matchboxes (and would be grateful if you
gave him some at gigs).
7. Everyone knows martin is a Newcastle United fan, but his
second team is Dynamo Kiev and he regularly watches videos
sent from his russian fans.
8. Martin plays rhythm guitar on Shakin' Stevens "Green Door".
9. Martin went to school with fellow famous "geordies" Sting,
Jimmy Nail and Rebecca out of Coronation Street.
10. Martin has been an extra in several episodes of "The Bill".
11. Martin is an active member of his local venture scouts; he
is currently doing his silver Duke of Edinburgh award.
12. Martin always chose the arched window on BBC's Play
13. Martins first true crush was on crystal tips (crystal tips
14. Martin's first guitar was a swap for his chopper bike.
15. Martin refused a place at King's College, Cambridge, to
concentrateon his musical career.
16. Martin is currently writing the definitive history of
American plectrums. Tentatively entitled, "Plectrums I have
known and plucked".
17. Martin is a keen apiarist, (beekeeper).
18. Ironically, Martin met "Gypsy Dave Smith" on a caravan
holiday in hexham.
19. Martin refused to write Middlesborough's cup final song,
because of his allegiance to Newcastle United f.c.
20. All Martin's pets are named after famous guitar players,
including Hendrix the hamster, Rory the rat and Woody the